Saturday 11 July 2009

Dotties World Challenge - Blooming Beautiful


Right over at Dotties World this week this is how the challenge went ... Hello folks, Louise here.This week's challenge is brought to you by me but it was actually thought up by Juliet some time ago. Here's what she said..."The summer bedding is looking so beautiful at the moment, so this week I would like you to look to your garden (or someone else's garden) for inspiration, be it using flowers on your card, using colours from your garden or it could be some garden wildlife or bug! As usual, use a Charmed download and let your imagination run riot." Lovely challenge and it was really difficult deciding which of all the fabulous images to choose from, in the end I went with one of the new pixies collection. This is Daisy from collection 1 (they are all gorgeous!) I have coloured her with a mixture of copic ciaos and whispers (only got 8 copics and I used 5 of them for this!) oh and I added a tiny amount of sakura stardust too (for good measure!) The papers are K&Co Classis K McKenna, I always struggle using text paper so I hope this looks ok. the fabric flower is from my stash as is the large brad and the silver butterflies are an old earring! TFL

7 comments:

  1. I totally love this. The papers with text added an extra special touch to the card.
    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at DW.
    Gunn ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jac, you've made a stunning card for the challenge this week, that text paper is fabulous for the Pixie chick images.
    Fantastic butterflies, now that's what I call recycling brill idea.
    Thanks for joining us again this week over on DW.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card Jac! The Pixies are just wonderful and I love what you have done. Pretty butterflies!

    Thank you for playing along!

    Dingle.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jac it's beautiful! I love the colour scheme and your colouring works perfectly with the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really super card Jac. I love how the flower with the brad perfectly echoes the pixie!

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is blooming beautiful Jac!!!!
    Just gorgeous!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I just LOVE your card! Love how you colored in the pixie chick!
    Thanks for playing with us last week at Charmed Downloads!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x