Friday 4 October 2013

My Crafty Sentiments Secret Release

Ok so by now I'm sure you've stopped by Crafty Sentiments Designs and seen all the fabulous stamps from the new release but I have to share with you this delightful image that I got in secret and I made a little gift bag to show her off.  In case you haven't checked out all the stamps we've been showcasing them over on the Crafty Sentiments Inspirational Blog so you really should pop over there and see all the incredible makes the DT have been putting together, not only are we showcasing the new stamps but we've also been using them to make other items rather than just cards, this shows you just how versatile these adorable stamps are.

So grab a cuppa as this post is a bit long as I decided to do a little tutorial to the gift bag I made, just be gentle with me, tutorials don't come to me easily! lol

This bag isn't my own design, a friend and I went to a craft show several years ago and she joined in on a Stampin’ Up make & take and made this cute little bag out of a piece of 6x6 cs she then gave the bag to me so that I could undo it and find out how to do it for myself, which I did then I decided to increase the measurements and make it out of a piece of 12x12 so here you go, a little gift bag with no cutting, only a little double sided tape and a few folds.  Hope you like it.


Measure in from 1 side 7cm and score from top to bottom, repeat this on the opposite side.















Rotate paper 90° and measure in 12.5cm and score from top to bottom and repeat on the opposite side.


















Next score from where the lines meet to the edge of the paper diagonally to a point 7cms down the outside edge. This bit sounds confusing and I’m really not sure how to describe it but when it comes to folding the bag it should all make more sense (I hope!)
















Next you need to start folding so fold in along the first 7cm scores you made.




















Then fold along the 12.5 cm score lines
















At this point you need to open the bag up again and fold along the diagonals so that as you fold the bag up the sides kind of fold in on themselves.  Sometimes I find it also helps to add a small score line centrally between the diagonals to help shape it. It looks la bit like a mouth! Lol











At this point you need to add your tape to the top and bottom of the 7 cm folds and attach.  Then fold your bag and decorate














I have used the adorable 'Skip Skip' from the fabulous new Lollipop Dreams range of stamps at Crafty Sentiments Deisgns, coloured with copics and I paper pieced her dress with a piece of PM Portobello Road paper from a 6x6 pack and I used the same design paper but in the 12x12 pack for the bag, love how it turned out, I tied my bag with some ribbon but kept the bow on the back of the bag so as not to detract from the gorgeous image. I also used some red wire for her skipping rope for a different dimension, the sentiment is an old freebie from Sentimental Sundays but I thought it fit the image so well.
And here's a close up of the image.




















Ok so that's what I made and I had great fun making it.  I hope my tutorial is ok, any questions please feel free to ask.

I would like to enter this bag into the following challenges:
Allsorts #226 ~ How does your garden grow 
2 Sisters #163 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Paint ~ Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly ~ Anything Goes
TFL

2 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous image Jac and a fabulous tutorial to boot - wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, such a brilliant design and I love your tutorial.
    Thank you for taking part in the Papertake Weekly Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x